Final Project part 3

Since we have begun the project with my classmate, the main idea stayed unchanged but the constraints evolved. From single motion measurement, we finish by professional caipora performers, and we passed by dancing, then demonstration of caipora.

So we have adapted the design of the iphone’s case at constraints and project’s aim.

  • The first constraint were :
    Esay to use,
    To fix the phone on the arm,
    Let it easy access screen,
    The case have be light.
  • With idea of dancing, have add some constraints for the design :
    The case don’t obstruct the motion,
    The case have be versatile, fix on arm or leg.
  • For be compatible with idea of capoeira performance :
    The screen have be protected of shocks.
    The case have be resistant at shocks.
  • The last information the show performed by professional :
    Resist at twist,
    Centrifugal force,
    High speed motion.

After evalueted the constraints, I did designs. All designs made with fablab equipments. I used 123D Design software, and Cura (3D printer software). The 3D printer were the Ultimaker². I made many differents designs, for each steps.

Since last week, I changed the case design. I added one hole for charger plug and one for the camera. I augmented the thickness of cover and case too. Then I dug the back of the case to augment the upkeep of velcro. (You can see the design below)

Prototype 2.png

Prototype 2 (cover & case)

I used a rigid plastic for the first two tries but it had some problems. The case is too rigid and obstruct the motion, and because it too rigid, it breaks on a twist. The lid was enough stronger for shocks but not at all for the case. And other one has totally failed. (see below)

I used PLA (2,85mm), with this parameters :

Layer Height: 0.2 mm
Shell thickness:  0.8 mm
Fill density: 100%
Printspeed : 40mm.s-1
Bottom/Top thickness: 0.6 mm
Fan speed : 100%
Extruding speed : 100%
Temp nozzel 220°C
Temp plat 40°C

 

So finally I had changed the plastique for NinjaFlex Semi Flex 2,85mm. It has like property more flexible and more resistant to shocks. But more difficult to make the settings for printing. After some printing tests, for find the good settings and adapted the case for versatile fixing. I have changed too the position of black holes and refined the depth of digging. (See new design below)

Prototype 3.png

I used NinjaFlex Semi Flex (2,85mm), with this parameters :

Layer Height: 0.2 mm
Shell thickness:  0.8 mm
Fill density: 100%
Printspeed : 20mm.s-1
Bottom/Top thickness: 0.6 mm
Fan speed : 100%
Extruding speed : 110%
Temp nozzel 230°C
Temp plat 40°C

This printing were victims of detachment on back cover and back of the case. But the result were almost perfect. For fix the cover I’m thinking use velcro to stick with « super glue ».

Finally, I made another print and I change the parameters of printing. The first one fail because the nozzle had to be calibrated. (See printing below)

I used NinjaFlex Semi Flex (2,85mm), with this parameters :

Layer Height: 0.2 mm
Shell thickness:  0.8 mm
Fill density: 100%
Printspeed : 20mm.s-1
Bottom/Top thickness: 0.6 mm
Fan speed : 100%
Extruding speed : 105%
Temp nozzel 220°C
Temp plat 45°C

Here we are the final result of my project. My classmate and myself had made video for our prototype. We can see the application with this video.

 

 

I would thank Petr Devaikin and Iva Karabatić my classmates. Furthermore we have released an exposition and interaction with public you can see some pictures below.

The website article  and our article  aesthetic-movement-visualisation

  • Thanks for Help

  • Sarah Fdili Alaoui > Creative Design Teacher
  • Thierry Catelan – Faca Deseig > contact
  • Steve Romain – Formado Dadao > performer
  • Sébastien Gelu – Faca Depota > performer
  • Romain Di Vozzo > Fab LAB
  • Joe > Fab LAB

 

Publicités
Publié dans Uncategorized
Web2PDF