I enjoy discovering and capturing beauty of small details in everyday life. I realised a phenomena accidentally that I feel it’s pretty aesthetic, when a black-and-white painted light comes to alive with the surprising appearance of glimmers on it.
So I decided to make an interactive painting for the final project in this course.
One sentence to sum up my project idea
An interactive painting recreated on the regular painting « New York Movie » by Edward Hopper, which enriches a different dimension of appreciating experience and enhances immersive and vividness, by added light effects interaction with spectators.
- Make the idea clear.
- Research on technologies.
- Prepare the painting, sensor and other needed materials or tools.
- A small test.
- Make the whole process clear.
- Draw circuit diagram and build up the circuit on Arduino.
- Create code to realise the interaction.
- Make the real installation.
- Adjust details.
- Exhibition day.